An easy zucchini curry dish with potatoes, chickpeas, onions, garlic, and ginger. Add this one to your summer meal rotation when you have fresh vegetables to put to use.
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 lb small potatoes
- 4 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 13.5-ounce can of coconut milk
- 3 cups broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 can or 1 1/2 cups chickpeas
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Prep the ingredients by roughly chopping up the onion and garlic. Peel and grate the ginger. Wash the potatoes and cut them into bite-sized cubes. Slice the zucchini into bite-sized slices.
- In a large pot with a heavy bottom, heat the coconut oil. When hot, add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and ginger and cook another minute.
- Sprinkle the curry powder over the vegetables, add a splash of the coconut milk and stir to coat. Let simmer for a couple of minutes before adding the broth, soy sauce, maple syrup, and potatoes.
- Bring the pot to a boil and let cook for about 5 minutes. Reduce to a simmer and add the zucchini, remaining coconut milk, and chickpeas. Cook until the potatoes are completely tender and the zucchini is soft, about 15-20 minutes.
- When done, ladle into bowls over rice or noodles or enjoy on its own. Top with the cilantro and serve.
If you're serving this with rice or noodles, you can easily stretch this to 6 servings.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Summer
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: zucchini curry, courgette curry, vegetarian dinner, weeknight dinner