This refreshing plum fool dessert is made up of layers of lightly cooked and sweetened plums and freshly whipped cream.
- 1 pound of plums
- 16 ounces heavy or whipping cream
- maple syrup, to taste
- ginger snaps or other cookies, for topping
- Slice the plums and remove the pits. Chop into small pieces. Add them to a small pan with a splash of maple syrup. Cook until the fruit is soft and the liquid is syrupy, about 10 minutes over medium-low heat. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, using a mixer, whip the cream with a splash of maple syrup until stiff peaks form. Taste and add more maple, if needed.
- When the fruit has cooled, layer the fruit and whipped cream in glasses and top with a cookie. Serve immediately or keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
In a hurry or don't care about the presentation so much? Fold the fruit and whipped cream together before dividing into serving dishes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: English
Keywords: plums, plum fool, fool dessert, whipped cream, maple syrup